miércoles, 11 de noviembre de 2009

Mexican winter´s already come

Of course I´m missing all the members of my closest family and Monty – the dog, the Czech november, Czech humour and Czech double-meaning, while the majority of the Mexicans think that only them are able to joke in double-meaning and honestly this attitude screw me up from time to time...no guys, we Czechs, same as the majority of the nations, as well can ;) I´m missing Prague, sightseeing in the medieval streets of the Old Town, emptied on Sunday´s early morning. I know the edifying and exciting feeling when crossing the Charles Bridge and slowly rising through the Little Quarter, passing the St. Nicholas´s Church and all the dozens and dozens of wonderful houses with their unforgettable signs like the Three Storks, the Golden Wheel, the Three Fiddles, the Golden Goblet,... oh yeah who doesn´t love Prague, right.
But maybe it´s in particular winter with snowflakes, and the compilation of all the tiny details above mentioned, which I´m going to miss most in a few days.

Anyway, thanks to my acquaitance, friends and best friends and their photos on the web I´m still in touch with my Vaterland, I can admire day after day the beauties of the autumn´s sketches coloring every corner of my country with the most spectacular colours which the leafs can only have, and which I have seen till now, just in our heart of Europe.

Mexico is different and it´s also pretty. But also pretty different. The nature here is different. The nature in the City practically doesn´t exist, to be precise. Or at least not in my borough.
This Christmas it´s not going to snow. Not just this one, actually any Christmas.
Despite that the temperatures dropped down to 12, maybe 10 C during the last days, it´s never raining, the standard these days is blue sky. For an average Mexican this climate is extremely cold, you can see people with winter jackets, thick scarfs, pullovers, gloves and winter caps, sooo thick that an average Czech would even doubt whether take these stuffs while going to the Alps, with the well-founded thoughts that he would certainly sweat wearing all these stuffs. Not here in Mexico. The natives do enjoy these „winter“ days in the sence of wearing these winter accesories, inspite ot the fact that such were probably designed for being used in Aspen, Ottawa or Moscow...
But anyway, Welcome Miss Winter also in Mexico

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario